Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Road Trip for Love

Jax and I just took a rode trip....ALONE. What is normally a 10 hour drive became a 12 hour drive, what normally would be two stops was about 5 (not bad really), and where I used to listen to my favorite musical groups and dance in the car, I now listened to lullabies and children songs. This could have been very difficult, but because I love my boy and his company so much, all I cared about was the trip being as easy for him as possible and that he was not feeling abandoned in the back seat by himself. When I dated my husband, he loved to get up early in the morning and go for walks (I do not enjoy getting up early), but I adjusted to his earliness because I wanted to spend more time with him. When we love someone we are willing to adapt and adjust to help make life a little better for them and sacrifice so we can be together. In the church, sometimes, it seems like we expect everyone else to adapt to us - in music, in order of service, in friendliness, in initiation of greeting, in giving, in food, in preaching, etc. I think Paul said something about this, "Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves..." Phil. 2:3. Sometimes I think Jax teaches me so much more than I will teach him.

No comments:

Post a Comment