Thursday, June 23, 2011

Calming the Inconsolable

What a week it has been! We just took as vacation to the beach to meet up with Jax's cousins for their very first meeting. This was a nine hour drive, an adventure of carseats and diaper changing (without diapers since somehow we managed to leave them twice!), and formula formula formula. In the car we were like, "Wow! We have the perfect travelling baby." Not a peep was made from the little angel in a onesie. Then came the next morning of wailing and the afternoon of wailing and the evening of wailing. Then we were like, "Who is this child?!?! I have never met him and someone excercise him please!" I guess the traveloling and transitions were just too hard on him. And as frustrating as it was, what made it worse was the fact that my husband and I argued most of the trip. Not because of anything except WHO got to be the one to console him. We each wanted to be heroes and wanteed to feel that we could soothe and comfort him. And I thought, "Wow. To love something so much that even when they are at their worst the love is unchanged." I hope we always feel that way and my desire is for Jax to know that no matter what he does we love him no less just as His heavenly Father has loved us.

No comments:

Post a Comment