Saturday, August 13, 2011

Somebody's Baby

Everyone tells you when you are having a baby that it will "change your life forever." And though you think you understand what they are saying, you really don't until the change hits you like a bomb falling from the sky. The change isn't bad. In fact it is definitely potentially the best thing for you in your life. It is just the AMOUNT of change. I expected it to change my sleep patterns, my daily routines, the cleanliness of my house, my priorities, my social life, my experience in the depth that you can love something, my body, my nursing skills, and my marriage. I didn't expect it to change WHO I AM. And maybe it didn't. Maybe he is just bringing out different parts of me that were unused. I'm not sure, but the world looks different now and I view people differently. Suddenly, everyone is "somebody's baby." Everyone had a Mom who gave birth to them who carried them in their womb and sustained their life. Everyone was loved. Maybe not to the same degree, but everyone was loved. So, now it is more difficult to watch the pain of others and to judge so harshly because they are somebody's baby and might as well be my own. They were once this adorable, little adventurous, curious creature that lights up the room with a smile. And life genetics, circumstances, SIN caused those babies to change into whatever they have become. And my boy will be influenced by all of that as well. And then there is God who has adopted each one of us as His Own. Who knows every hair on my head (which isn't much these days, but I read that it grows back, PTL!). Can you imagine when He created Adam and Eve and loved them so much said, "Be fruitful and multiply" because I can't get enough of you. I need more of you for all of eternity! So, here we are. Here are the human beings on this earth. Here is my boy. I am not the same person anymore. I cannot judge as harshly. I feel more compassion. I NEED more of GOD. Not just on an intellectual level but like a physical need for food. The closer you get to Him, the more you feel your NEED of Him. Praise the Lord that "nothing can separate us from the Love of God" or I would be toast already. Hell would have come early for me. But my God who sees us all as His children has compassion on me. Hallelujah.

1 comment:

  1. Brandy, you are right. Without God in our lives we have no hope. Praise God we are so loved and he left all to save us. Thank you for sharing your insights. Patti

    ReplyDelete